From fine dining to the local Indian takeout. Food also means friends to me, but occasionally we decide to have a playdate that doesn’t revolve around a knife and fork and go to the movies or for a walk.
I’ve had many amazing experiences but my all-time favourite restaurants are Catalina and Bar Reggio in Sydney, Rosetta Ristorante in Melbourne, Australia, MÉTIS in Seminyak, Bali and an awesome wine bar (not so much for the drinks but the meat and cheese board that came with it) in Bellagio, Italy.
Sure, the food is great, but it’s the memories I cherish!
I love food so much I love to play the ‘food room’ game from time-to-time. “If you had a room full of food you could only eat for the rest of your life what would be in it?” Here’s what’s in mine:
– Penne marinara, super saucy with chilli, but no mussels, oysters, pippisetc.
– Pizza of any sort, with extra tomato sauce on a Neapolitan crust
– My mom’s lasagne
– Anything on Catalina’s menu
– Salad – I CRAVE it. Fruit – meh, not that fussed
– Any type of fried potato – ideally chips and French fries with ketchup (yes, there is a difference between that and ‘tomato sauce’, which is more vinegary, ketchup is more tomato-ey)
– Diet Vanilla Coke (I don’t want to hear a word!)
– Sparkling mineral water with a lime wedge
– A platter – overcomes food FOMO as I love a bit of everything; cheese, dips, tapas, meze, dessert
– Chocolate zucchini brownies
– Chocolate layer cake
– Lolly mixes